Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sleep Thinking

I am too sleepy to write.

I have been hovering over this keyboard, my eyes at half mast, taking in soft, steady breaths.

I swear I just snored out loud.

Jeez. My office is really warm. Like the womb.

I have been off the Lunesta for 10 days now, but I can't tell much of a difference. It must be because I've got some sleep deprivation issues. Two or three projects come to fruition this weekend and getting to bed before 3am is a challenge.

While sleep deprived, decision making skills are harder to grab hold of, like trying to get a piece of errant fuzz out of your mouth. And with the motor skills taking a dive too, getting the fuzz out of your mouth is even harder...like trying to grab hold of a decision making skills while sleep deprived.

What?

I found myself half listening to Eric and Cathy on the mix this morning (while I drove, half blind, in snow. It was still really beautiful, though, with big clots of flakes raining down, even as people - I'm afraid myself included - drove like morons trying to get to work. The snowflakes didn't melt immediately so you could see the lingering shapes of the flakes before they turned to water and dripped away. I'm still fascinated by that. The first time I ever saw a snow flake - for real, with the crystals and everything - was when I came to Chicago. Until then I believed the shapes to be a product of an animator's fantasy. They exist on a microscopic level, I thought, you can't see them with the naked eye. I'm sure everyone was all "what evs" when they saw me flipping out over ...)

Wait...where was I? Oh, right Eric and Cathy.

I was going to say I don't like Eric and Cathy on the Radio. Which is why I was surprised to find that I was listening to them. I could have turned the dial but instead, I must have faded off mid-switch. (That happens to me a lot. I am riding in my sister's car and become irritable. Then i discover I've left the radio on a half-received Spanish station...)

It's really warm in here...
I'm too sleepy to write....
(Soft half lucid Snore)

juuugoi8ry84jndfo290u3p92-p9999 0888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites