Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Also...

Today is D.'s birthday.

I rarely write about my relationship with him - that's not what this blog is for. However, I would be remiss if I didn't wish that fellow a Happy Birthday today.

Here are three things to know about the Big D.

1. He is among the most generous people I have ever met in my life. When he loves you (romantically or otherwise) he will give you not only the shirt of his back, but every shirt in his closet.

2. D. can be a giant asshole. At least...that's the "legend". But look beyond the legend, and the inflammatory language and hyperbolic analogies, and you will discover a man who has something to say and who is unafraid to say it. In this world that is no small thing. It takes a special kind of genius to rail out at the status quo every day, try to make sense of th world, and still maintain a semblance of sanity. I think we could always use more AWG in the world.

3. He is, and will ever be, the best dancer I know.


Happy Birthday, D. I'm glad you're a part of my world.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites