Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Up, Up and Away...III

10:41am CST

1. My Skymall is dog-eared. The previous passenger seemed to be very interested in Inflatable Movie Screens and the Hairmax Laser Comb.

2. They gave me some Lorna Doone's. I could eat shortbread cookies all day.

3. My nerves have calmed a bit and I can enjoy the Mars landscape surrounding the Grand Canyon. EXCEPT RIGHT NOW WHEN THE TURBULENCE IS SHAKING THE PLANE.

4. Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit in my stomach = Volcano Experiment in 7th grade.

5. In a few minutes, I will have to go. We begin our descent and I will return to my state of terror. As the plane nears the Earth, I will stare out the window, and send encouraging thoughts to the pilots. "You're doing great. Good Job. Little shaky there, but okay. You're okay."

I am aware how unreasonable this is. But christ, what if I didn't do it?

Listening to: Flying Theme From E.T., John Williams (Which, as a matter of interest, helps)

Also heard on this trip (Some more helpful than others):

Great Fire, XTC
Last Love Song for Now, Okkervil River
Bad Liver and a Broken Heart, Tom Waits
Princes of the Universe, Queen
I Dreamed a Dream, Les Miserables
Undertow, Suzanne Vega
Here Comes Richard, Billy Bragg
Austere, The Joy Formidable
Now, Mates of State
Again & Again, Bird and Bee


Since I am away, I will be taking a break for a few days and returning to regular posting on Monday. If you are just desperate for content, check out the labels to the right or have a look at some of my fellow bloggers. Excellent thinkers and writers all.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites