Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Short.

This morning I realized how short I am.

Not that I am lilliputian or anything. I am around 5' 5" or 5' 6" tall. That's not sooo short. There are those, male and female, who are shorter. (I feel I should mention that I have no height-ist attitudes. I have no NEED to tower over anyone, nor do I feel the urge to be cradled in the arms of a giant - unless it happens to be an actual mythic giant, in which case I'd be all over it.)

I just thought I was taller.

I've been walking around like I'm at least a good 5'7" or 5'8". The -j-j- in my mind is that tall. Statuesque. It's a strange day when one realizes one's actual stature.


I'm also startled to realize just how gargantuan other people are. When did you get so tall? How have I never noticed my upward glances at you?

2 comments:

joe g said...

I can slouch more if it'd help.

Tina said...

Am I taller than you? I claim to be 5'6" 1/2, but that is based on the scientific measuring method of standing back to back with Lorenzo Medrano in 1995 and determining that I was a half inch taller, and he claims to be 5'6"

 
Add to Technorati Favorites