Monday, November 16, 2009

Re: memory.

That movie wasn't so great after all.
The one with the guy and that one girl from the other movie.
It was on some website.
I used to think it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.
I might have gone on believing that, too,
if the internet hadn't corrected me.
Thank goodness.

And that song that used to make your friends turn up the volume and squeal out the car window.
What an eye-roller.
So glad the video has been forwarded and re: forwarded
as an example of rotten taste.
Much obliged.

The Interwebitubes gleefully point out a drab, unremarkable past,
the regenerating facts, shroud a glowing, eroding memory.
It's reaffirming in a way.
What fools we were to love.
Good to know now.

But then tagged in a photograph
that I thought maybe was a fantasy,
The unicorns on my hand-me-down shirt
might just be horses,
but I'll never know.

That picture was too perfect to ever look at again.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites