Monday, December 21, 2009

Making a list and checking it a coupla times...

If you are like me, thinking of a meaningful Christmas gift for everyone on your list can cause a tremendous amount of anxiety. I, for one, believe that no one should feel compelled to give a gift if they aren't moved to do so. Just carving out the time for family and friends is enough. If you've seen something that might tickle the heart of your mother or best friend - by all means! But we shouldn't torture ourselves year in and year out, with scrambled attempts to renew relationships through material goods - like an emotional barter.

This, of course, is all well and good in theory. But SOME people want a Droid this Christmas and if they don't get it, here comes a year's worth of passive aggressive mind games and No-I'm-FINEs. Somehow, it's worth the money for some peace, and with four days left before the birth of Christ, you'd better get crackin'.

This year, though, I've made my life much easier by keeping a list of things my friends and family like. For instance, whenever someone I know says, "Ooh. I like those yellow earrings", I can take note of this item and perhaps get it for them during the holiday crunch.

Here is a sneak peak into what some of my friends and family might be getting:

Chocolate
Wine
iTunes
A Snuggie
The Beatles® Rock Band
Cheese
The color Cerulean
Barack Obama
Polka Dots
Growing Up Skipper doll
Kiss Army Bumper Sticker
The Irish
Afraid
Time Travel (with no "Butterfly Effect" consequences)
A Job
Tylenol PM
Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
Anthony Bourdain
Zombies
A dream of flying
Bacon

With any luck, this will be the best Christmas ever. Bon Chance!

1 comment:

S. E. Johnson said...

C'mon, bumper sticker!

(If you put "zombies" in there for me, then I'm glad I did that thing.)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites